Why sign up for the CCPA Package?
The CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) is a brand new addition to the law for 2020 and affects every company in the world that collects personal data (e.g. an email address) of a California resident.
Will CCPA apply to my business?
It will anytime a resident of California places an order or is subscribed on a mailing list and your business exceeds at least one of the three thresholds:
- Annual gross revenues of at least $25 million
- Obtains personal information of at least 50,000 California residents, households, and/or devices per year
- At least 50% of your annual revenue is generated from the sales of California residents’ personal information
Why should I be CCPA compliant?
Most importantly, it benefits your customer’s privacy rights.
Secondly, the Attorney General can initiate a civil case against you or your company if you remain non-compliant after 30 days upon being notified about a violation on your website. This brings a risk of being fined up to $7500 per violation, per visitor (If you have 100 website visitors that would be over $750,000 in fines. This would be higher if your consumer visits more than once.)
What can you do to make me CCPA Compliant?
Our turnkey package will do everything for a one-time fee of $299 including:
- Provide a Data Map of Information your website collects, where it is held, how it’s transferred and with whom it is shared
- Setup identity verification of the person making a request to access or have their data deleted
- Turnaround time is quick and convenient
While we are not law experts and cannot guarantee that someone still won’t attempt to sue you, this package helps you to abide by the new CCPA laws that are clearly laid out by the Government.