Why sign up for the CCPA Introductory Package?
The CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) was an addition to the law in 2020, and it affects every company in the world that collects personal data (e.g. an email address) of a California resident.
Will CCPA apply to my business?
It applies to your business anytime a resident of California subscribes to a mailing list or places an order, and your business exceeds at least one of the three thresholds:
- Annual gross revenues of at least $25 million
- Obtains personal information of at least 50,000 California residents, households, and/or devices per year
- At least 50% of your annual revenue is generated from the sales of California residents’ personal information
Why should I be CCPA compliant?
Most importantly, it benefits your customer’s privacy rights. Secondly, the Attorney General can initiate a civil case against you or your company if you remain non-compliant after 30 days of being notified about a violation on your website. This brings a risk of being fined up to $7500 per violation, per visitor. For example, if you have 100 website visitors that would be over $750,000 in fines. This can be even higher if your customer visits more than once.
What can you do to make me CCPA Compliant?
Our CCPA package includes the following steps to make sure that you are compliant:
- We provide a data map of information your website collects, where it is held, how it’s transferred, and with whom it is shared.
- We set up identity verification of the person requesting to access your website, they can choose to have their data deleted.
Our turnkey package will do everything for a one-time fee of $399. The turnaround time is quick and convenient. While we are not law experts and cannot guarantee that someone still won’t attempt to sue you, this package helps you abide by the new CCPA laws clearly laid out by the Government.